Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chocolat etc.

Near where the hotel was in Montmartre there is a Parisian vintage candy store that sells some of the best chocolate and traditional french candies in Paris.   The shop's name is La Mere de Famille, which means the family mother.  It is one of the last remaining authentic Parisian shops.  I was delighted to find out that they were ok with me taking pictures in the shop.  This store is a delight for the senses, touch, taste, smell, vision and if you eat something crunchy... the ears too.  All of the candies are made on the premises. I have included some pixs of me standing in front of the hard candy section.  As I recall the flavors are: cafe, caffe latte, orange, strawberry, cherry, lime, lemon, creme brulee, and licorice.   They had assortments of desert wines, caramels, fruit spreads, marshmallows, and gummy candies of all shapes and flavors.     

No comments: