Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Paris Style


The Tour de Eiffel is all decked out in Blue lights and Yellow Stars to Celebrate France's turn heading the EU.  Each country in the EU gets a equal turn to head the Union.  The base of the Tower has a set of Yellow stars in a circle just as they appear on the European Union Flag.  I will attempt to post some video of the Tower soon.  Blogger is having some tech issues with videos. The video is cool!  It is about as close as we could get to 4th of July fireworks.  The Tower has thousands of tiny strobe lights that flicker for 20 minutes each hour.  When I shot the video the recorder picked up the wind and it mimicked the sounds of fireworks!  Tres Cool! In the mean time, I will post a picture of a Sundog I caught near the Tower this morning. The Sundog is the small rainbow off in the right side of the photo.  BTW...This is the spectacular view from the Concorde Hotel.  I was so excited to catch the Sundog while I was up early blogging. Paris is full of surprises that make you pay attention every moment so as not to miss a thing! Enjoy! 


2 comments:

snowman1 said...

Bonjour Lara,

Je suis jaloux. I would love to share this experienc with you. But alas, it is not to be. Someday I will get to visit France.

Your father's college buddy,
Moe

mavericktraveler said...

Dad was telling me you are fluent in French! we could use you here. I attempt speaking in French and they answer back in English!