Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blast-Off Japan Style



Welcome to my maverick travel blog!

T-Minus one week and counting till I jet off the Japan! Blast-off date is 1/9/08. I am so excited for my trip! Not only will I be reuniting with my great friend Kyoko, I will be meeting her new husband Kei, and fulfilling a life long dream of traveling to the Far East. While in Japan I will be attending Kyoko and Kei's wedding reception. I have attached a picture of the "couple of the hour"...

Check back soon! I will be blogging across Japan.

My current itinerary includes stops in Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Tokyo/Mt Fuji and maybe Hiroshima...We will see if I can cram it all into 2 weeks. While in Tokyo I will be attempting to reenact some episodes of Bizarre Foods... Stay tuned...

Here are some cool web sites to learn more about Japan:

Translate your name in Japanese:

Cool map of Japan:

See how weak the Dollar is in Japan ;( Exchange rates:




No comments: